Our approach was founded on the philosophy of meaningfully engaging with our clients and questioning the norm. We prefer to originate, structure and execute opportunities within the group and in the spirit of traditional merchant banking firms, WMG invests as principle alongside its clients.
“We are driven by the guiding principles of listening to our clients’ needs and challenging the status quo”
Mehmet Dalman - Founder and Chairman
WMG was founded in 2004 by Mehmet Dalman and a number of other senior ex-investment bankers as a privately held company, with activities in Asia, the Gulf and the United Kingdom. It has since evolved from a ‘wealth management group’ into a multifaceted business, being a combination of a family office, corporate advisory firm, fund manager and alternative investment specialist.
WMG’s advisory services bring decades of experience to adverse and often non-conventional corporate finance situations. We specialise in hard assets and our primary focus is in real estate, where we have a strong UK based investment advisory team and in-house development expertise.
We have experience managing and restructuring complex investments in Europe and Asia. We also manage our own in-house funds across Credit, Equities and Alternatives such as Collectable Cars, Photography and Real Estate.
At WMG, our business model allows our investors to determine not only the individual investments they make, but also their on-going level of involvement. We have seen significant increase in demand from companies for flexible capital that brings more than just its financial rewards.
We have also recognised the opportunity and acknowledged the need to service the growing appetite amongst Family Offices, HNWI’s and Entrepreneurs to gain more exposure to alternative investments.
• WMG are willing co-investors in every opportunity we introduce our partners and seed invest in all in-house funds that we manage
• Always last in line to receive any profit distributions so our remuneration and reward rules are aligned to our clients and are transparent
• Developed strong ties, maintained a trust and cultivated aligned interests with our existing partners and always looking to build on this
- WMG boasts an extensive and broad network across our senior management team, averaging 25 years of experience across finance and real estate
- Our diverse client base of Family Offices, HNWI’s, Institutions and Entrepreneurs, can generate a sustainable pipeline of unique off-market opportunities
- As alternative investment specialists, we leverage our ability to offer our clients access to direct investments and divergent in-house funds
- We have a strong track record of generating attractive risk-adjusted returns for almost 15 years
- Demonstrated history of a prudent investing discipline across a proven and highly experienced team
- We apply proactive oversight and adopt an institutional standard approach to risk management
- We involve our investors and encourage their active participation, whilst this is complimented by absolute discretion on all deals
- Lateral ‘outside the box’ thinking on terms of both wealth preservation and wealth generation strategies
- We aim to maintain a highly driven, flexible and problem solving mentality that helps to ensure we make informed decisive decisions
WMG's advisory services bring decades of experience to diverse and often non-controversial corporate finance situations. We specialise in hard assets, and our primary focus in Real Estate, where we have a strong UK-based investment advisory team and in-house development expertise. This is also true of Natural Resources. We have experience managing assets and restructuring complex investments in the UK and Asia.
We also manage a number of funds across Credit, Equity and Alternatives. In Asia, we have undertaken a large reconstructing role of a China-focused real estate development fund on behalf of our investors, and now manage the fund.
WMG Advisors LLP is authorised and regulated in the United Kingdom by the UK Financial Conduct Authority.